Recycling and more - Products
Recyling Info for our Products:
Tree Haven Lip Balms:
Tree Haven lip balms are sustainably made from locally produced beeswax, organic coconut oil, natural colours and food grade essential oils.
When the aluminium container is empty, it can be re-used creatively to carry a spare pair of earrings, some dental floss, safety pins or vitamin tablets in your pocket or handbag.
Actually, many people are discovering even more clever ideas on how to re-use these in and around their homes as well.
When you no longer have any further use for the aluminium tin, just pop it into your Council recycling bin.
Rolla Bottles are a ‘lifelong’ product and therefore designed to last a very long time. This advantage also means that they are not biodegradable, which limits how they are able to be recycled.
Should you ever decide it is time to reinvent your water bottle - there are soooo many alternate uses that make it unlikely that you would ever want to abandon it!
The following helpful information has been provided by our Rolla bottle wholesaler and inventor:
Rolla Bottle hope that you love your Rolla Bottle so much that you will never want to part with it, because they are so tough that they are going to be around for many years to come.
The silicone in Rolla Bottles isn’t biodegradable, it can however be recycled but only in certain facilities – so pleeease don’t toss it in the recycle bin.
That said, if the plastic caps, collars and metal clips are damaged, they are fully recyclable.
However, if you want to break up with Rolla as your no. 1 water bottle don’t toss it, there are so many other clever uses for it besides a drink bottle – see the list below for great alternate ideas for using your Rolla bottle.
Rolla Bottle and Twizzle Designs NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER want to see a Rolla bottle go to landfill, so if you really don’t want yours any more send it back to Twizzle Designs and we’ll take care of it.
Rolla Bottle, and Twizzle Designs, follow the Reduce, Reuse, Recycle principles, so recycling is last option. Try these other inventive ways to use your Rolla bottle:
- Keep your phone & cash safe & dry - your Rolla is perfect for keeping your phone and valuables dry on a water adventure, plus it makes a great hiding spot for your valuables particularly when travelling (crime rate for water bottle theft is quite low).
- Beach or travel pillow - Just fill it with air or water, you be the envy of your mates with their head nodding in their seats.
- Ice pack - Fill with water and freeze for an ice pack to keep your food fresh in your backpack when on the go.
- Smoothies - We love smoothies on the go but hate all those nasty plastic cups and straws they come in. Next time you order a smoothie ask them to put it in your Rolla bottle (it has a wide opening when you take the lid off). Or better still make one at home, pop in some ice and take it with you. The 700 ml size is just right and the spout is wide enough for the thickest of blends.
- Dumbbells - Just because you are away from the gym is no excuse to let your fitness go, fill a Rolla with rocks, sand, or water – depending how heavy you want to go and you have the perfect, portable dumbbell.
Remember that a Rolla can be turned inside out for a thorough clean so whatever you put in, you can get it all back out again and you’ll have a clean fresh bottle.
And it’s nice to know that Rolla Bottle chooses environmentally responsible FSC paper & vegetable-based inks for their packaging so you can safely recycle that in your Council recycling or by home composting.
Brevinox coloured pegs and Pincinox Stainless Steel pegs:
Both the Brevinox and Pincinox stainless steel pegs are made to last a lifetime in normal domestic use so , whilst they are fully recyclable, it is unlikely that you will be considering that option. The companies that manufacture them suggest they should be handed down to the next generation - they're that good!
Both styles of pegs are also handy for many other uses around the home as well, including:
- Fastening folded packets in the pantry to keep them closed
- Pegging notes to a noticeboard
- Use as an emergency bookmark
- Clipping notes into your favourite planner, and more...
The locally made 100% cotton bags can recycled if necessary when they wear out.
However they are also very useful for storing items around the home:
- Use as a handy travel bag to pack your socks, shoes, or other items into your suitcase. (Note - not waterproof for toiletries though)
- Use to store away small items around the home.
- Use a bag for small toys, blocks etc.
- Another lovely use for the bags is to re-gift to someone else, as they make a lovely gift wrapping alternative.
Linii Huon Pine Products:
The jute* cloth sachet bags and other brown cardboard recycled packaging are recyclable and compostable.
The Huon Pine internal sachets are made to be long lasting, for at least 18 months, just add a few drops of water when the fragrance is starting to lessen (after about 4-6 months). If you do need to recycle them at the end of their useful life, please RED recycle them through the drop off bins at your local supermarket.
The internal sealed bag in the Carpet Freshener is landfill biodegrable plastic and can be recycled in the Council bin.
The soap box and packaging, with the exception of the plastic 'window' in the front, is recycled and recyclable.
Please recycle any empty Houn Pine mist glass bottles, plastic spray nozzles and lids - they are all recyclable in your household Council recycling bin.
*Jute is a natural fibre known for its strength.
Australian bird & animal socks:
With care, your new socks can last for many years. But, when they have finally reached the end of their useful life as socks, please consider re-using as handy car cleaning cloths, sock puppets for the kids or household polishing clothes.
Recycling avoids further use of non-renewable resources and H&M and Zara fashion outlets currently offer a recycling service for unwanted clothing, any brand and in any condition, at their Australian stores. Items are then either sent to charities to be re-used or recycled into new fabric.
Myrtle & Me drop earrings:
We hope you enjoy your new earrings for a long time.If you don't need them any longer, at some time in the future, please consider the circular economy and give them to someone who will continue to use and enjoy them.
The earring hooks are made from recycled silver which can be recycled again, the paper (picture inside) is recyclable as is the glass front. Please re-use the tiny plastic stoppers for another pair of earrings.
Lily Rose Indulgence Bath salts:
Once you have finished the pack, the package itself is fully recyclable including the clear panel at the front and the sticker on the back. The printed Logo on the front uses ink that is water based and doesn't need to be removed from the pack when recycling.