What is Twizzle Designs doing to help the environment?
Twizzle Designs aims to keep our environmental footprint as small as possible by doing the following:
- We are offsetting our office carbon emissions with tree planting. Our home business is now solar powered through the addition of roof solar panels, linked to battery storage - which is currently comfortably supplying all our power needs.
- All Twizzle Design’s products are chosen with care to be as environmentally responsible as possible.
- We pack with care into Hero Pack postal packs - or recycled/recyclable cardbood boxes. The Hero post packs are made only from plants and are fully compostable or can be recycled. And they can also be re-used if you prefer. The cardboard boxes are recyclable at the end of their life.
- We send our parcels with Australia Post, who offset their carbon footprint to provide a carbon neutral delivery.
- Little things matter and that’s why our lovely peg bags are made from 100% cotton by a local Aussie business. Fully compostable at the end of their usefulness (should be many years).
- We proudly support local and Australian businesses wherever possible. Not only does this support Aussie businesses and their families, it also reduces the production of environmentally harmful emissions when items are transported from overseas.
However, the exception to this is for one item that has outstanding value environmentally, is of high quality - in this example they will last a lifetime - and cannot produced in Australia at this time. These are the stainless steel coloured pegs. Due to their quality and longevity, these products are considered to have a low environmental impact and Twizzle Designs therefore supports them. The wholesaler is an Australian business.
- Our stationery is printed on FSC or recycled paper, with water based inks, by a sustainable printing company - so it is easy to recycle or compost.
- Our stickers are also recyclable (water based inks) and the glue is vegan.
We are continuously working hard to be environmentally responsible and sustainable in our business, as well as in our home lives. And we aim to keep tweaking our requirements as we progress - making every effort we can to improve our environmental and sustainability credentials as an important ongoing goal. We are aiming to become B-Corp Certified in the future.
We feel it's an amazing privilege to be able to give back to the community, so we donate a percentage of our profits to various Australian environmental and sustainability charities and causes, to help make a better world for everyone in the future.
This includes contributing a regular monthly donation to support Greenfleet who then offset our emissions with long term reforestation projects in Australia. Greenfleet is a leading Australian environmental charity that plants native forests to capture carbon emissions and fight climate change.
To read more details about Postage and Packing sustainability - CLICK HERE.
To read more about Product recycling, home compostability and other evironmental information - CLICK HERE.